Enter our exclusive JORD Watches $100 Giveaway!
Giveaway entry form here. (details below) // GIVEAWAY CLOSED //
5 Ways I’m Making More Time Today
I’ve been thinking a lot about time. How much we have, how fast it goes, how we can’t stop it…how it’s good that we can’t. My son is growing at an amazing speed, and the rest of us are always changing too. It goes so fast, really, a lifetime. Time is something we all have in common, but how we choose to spend it is up to the individual.
I want to be intentional with my time and my life, and I want to make it about what’s really important to me. I want to spend my time doing things that put meaning into every day. I do not want to perpetuate a cycle of getting to the end of the night and wondering where it all went.
It’s easy to get caught up in the smart phone scroll and the need-to-get-done tasks of life. But if I let those things eat up every free minute I have, there will be no minutes left for the things that make my heart soar. And I am darn sure I wasn’t created and placed on this earth to do laundry and accounting work and to look at pictures online of what my long-lost friend from junior high school ate for dinner. That’s all just filler.
Simple action steps are where I’m at, and these are the ones I’m taking now to put more time—more meaningful time—in my everyday.
1. Looking my son in the eyes when I speak to him. Teaching him to do the same. Stopping what I’m doing to just play with him, read with him, to give him my undivided attention.
2. Sitting down with my husband in the evening after he gets home from work, instead of continually moving from household task to task and then going to at the computer to get some work done after that. Taking time to be together, however short the weeknight moments may be.
3. Going outside. Every day. I mean for more than just the walk to and from the car. Nature is life-giving to me. Truly, I’ve never spent an hour outdoors and called it wasted time.
4. Blocking out open spaces in our days to leave room for spontaneous adventures, or just to rest. Making time to rest.
5. Committing to banish the clutter in our home and stop wasting time managing our stuff. Simplify, simplify.
(Check back with me in a month. I’m going to need some real accountability checks on that last one. So…much…stuff.)
Yes, I need to do work, and it takes time to make a living, of course. That’s no small thing, and I’m trying to figure all of that out, too. I won’t be throwing away my smart phone, and I will still be working on the computer at nap time. But let’s just call it like it is: this is my one and only life and I want to live it well. I ought not to miss the beautiful gifts in front of my face on account of the distraction of my computer screen, my to-do list, or the huge pile of dishes in my kitchen sink.
JORD Watches Giveaway!
// GIVEAWAY CLOSED // Without further ado…I am pleased to present a very special giveaway with our partner JORD Watches! Use our exclusive link to enter for your chance to win $100 to spend on the JORD website to get a wood watch of your own. One lucky winner will receive the grand prize, and everyone who enters will receive a $25 code at the end of the contest to spend at JORD online. The giveaway closes on April 9, 2017.
Pictured is my Walnut & Navy watch from JORD’s Reece series. It fits in so well with my wardrobe and my lifestyle. I appreciate the beauty of the wood and the streamlined design. When I wear this watch, it reminds me of the outdoors and adds a natural texture to my look, which I love. The navy face goes with everything! And you know what really hits home for me? When we’re talking about time, JORD really gets it when they say it like this:
We make our watches for people who don’t just have somewhere to be, they have somewhere to go.
The time is now. Don’t miss your chance to enter the giveaway with the link to the entry form right here!